CHARCOAL BY FORMAFANTASMA

THIS is one of the most beautiful product design projects I have seen in a long time. I haven't really been following that scene for a while, since I think it is SO MUCH CRAP out there right now, and I puke of almost every "design" blog and other media chewing around on the same horrible stuff over and over again.

SO apparently, these guys swope through right in front of my eyes. They have other really good projects as well (and work mostly with furniture and product design objects), but now I want to show you this project.

CHARCOAL. Formafantasma were invited by Vitra to join an exhibition they were going to have at the Vitra Campus, and was paired with Swiss Doris Wicki, one of the few crawftmen performing the process of slow burning wood. It is a well known fact that charcoal purify water, and they have been using it many places around the Earth for centuries; Japan and Egypt f.ex. The designers made a series of transparent glass jars and water filters/purifiers made of charcoal. The result is SO beautiful, I'm speachless..














No comments: