MATERIAL BOOK!!


For years I have been searching for a material resource that works for me. And finally I found it!! At Konst-igs stand at Stockholm Furniture Fair last week I bought this book. It is called
and published by Birkhäuser. It is fantastic, and talks exclusively about sustainable materials such as bio-based materials, biodegradable materials, recycling materials, shape-changing materials, multi-functional mateirals, energy-generating and light-influencing materials. (these are the different chapters in the book, as well as a chapter about sustainable production processes). It is beautifully made and very informative! Every type of material has a good explaination about it as well as a short pargraph on how it is sustainable. It also listed different material products from different producers that sell the different materials.
I am planning to construct a material library for myself, and I hope it is possible to order samples from all the different materials! HURRAY!!!
Imgs from the book:

No comments: